The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for ensuring that all material is received, shipped and transferred internally in an accurate, timely and safe manner in accordance with Lifting Solutions Inc. ("LSI") policies and procedures.
The Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for supporting multiple departments in their day-to-day operations.In alignment with the Lifting Solutions culture, mission, vision and values, other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with external/internal regulations in terms of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Unloading/loading of material and equipment including but not limited to long flexible bundles of tubing, bar stock and assembled pumps.
- Ability to work flexible hours when workload or schedules require it.
- Pack seal, label and secure all outgoing shipments according to requirements.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position which includes manual lifting of materials up to 23 kgs (50 lbs).
- Verify part number, description, quantity and obvious quality defects for all material received/shipped and ensure documents agree with actual receipts/shipments.
- Putting away material into required inventory locations and transferring of material from the stockroom to internal client locations as per requirements.
- Maintains work area in a neat and safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the LSI Supply Chain Manager.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- High School graduate.
- Two to five years of Shipping/Receiving experience required.
- Excellent planning/scheduling techniques.
- Above average written, verbal and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license.
- Ability to operate various types/sizes of forklifts/cranes and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Working knowledge of ERP software and computer programs such as Excel, Word, Power point and Microsoft office an asset.
- Good understanding of logistics principles.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now!