Reciprocating Rod Pump (RPR) System Application Lead
Lead technical resource for Reciprocating Rod Pump (RRP) systems as it pertains to application reviews and system designs, associated product knowledge and selection, operational reviews, troubleshooting and inspections/failure analysis. Works within Commercial & Application Support team and collaborates cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Operations and Client Solutions to ensure a “Solutions Provider” approach. Encompasses activities from involvement in product design and field testing through commercializationo internal sales, support and direct client interaction for all Lifting Solutions served markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually assesses industry and client trends from an application and product standpoint including competitive solutions and products to help define, refine, and implement RRP system solutions that deliver unique value based on client needs.
- Identifies and details RRP application, product and/or service problems and improvement opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with other system/application leads to share knowledge and learnings and ensure the best system is being selected to meet client needs.
- Acts as a RRP systems-based application and product subject matter expert to support screening and evaluation of new product development opportunities.
- Participates as a project team member on Engineering research and product development projects that pertain to RRP systems.
- Coordinates the commercialization process for LSI RRP related products from concept to product launch including development of technical literature, marketing plans and training.
- Leads the preparation of technical information including bulletins and training material and conducts technical training for Lifting Solutions personnel as well as direct with clients as required.
- Coordinates field trials of new RRP products including candidate selection, monitoring and data collection, initial evaluation and preparation of case histories.
- Supports the Canadian, US and International sales and operations team in terms of RRP technical sales, business development and direct client interaction for associated system/application areas.
- Supports Commercial and Application Support teammates with proposals and contracts.
- Provides technical support to the Lifting Solutions service bases and clients for application reviews, systems designs and product selection including use of RodStar, SRod, and third-party design software.
- Champions the development and use of the Lifting Solutions Product Tracking System for RRP systems including analysis of product performance data and preparation of summaries and reports for internal and external use.
- Acts as the liaison between Engineering and field operations/clients in terms of conveying relevant information on applications and product performance.
- Coordinates RRP product inspections requested by clients or field locations/services bases including sample collection, complication of operational data, application reviews, report reviews and escalation as required to full engineering evaluations. Participates in the full engineering evaluations taking the lead on relating the inspection findings to equipment and operating conditions to identify root causes and identify corrective actions.
- Mechanical or Petroleum Technologist or Engineer
- Overall understanding of all major oilfield artificial lift types and production engineering.
- Expert in Rod Lift Artificial Lift system and component products as well as the associated applications.
- Familiarity with field operations and servicing for the associated system and applications.
- Client-centric orientation and disposition.
- Expertise with the Rodstar and SRod design software for reciprocating rod applications including ability to use the software to compete system designs, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure.
- Strong data management skills, analytical capabilities and problem-solving abilities.
- Product inspection and failure analysis including reporting writing.
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and listening.
- Competent in the use of MS Office Software (Excel, Word)
Primary desk and office environment with occasional domestic and international travel to client offices and field locations. Availability outside of regular business hours as required.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.