Fleet Maintenance Manager
Are you an experienced Maintenance Manager? You should be a part of our growing company in Bonnyville, AB! The Field Services team at Lifting Solutions Inc. is in need of a technical individual to lead our maintenance facilities.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible to lead and oversee the operations of 3 Lifting Solutions maintenance facilities—Bonnyville, Wabasca, Lloydminster—along with the parts warehouse and purchasing team. The Fleet Maintenance Manager will ensure both light and heavy equipment is available, dependable, and always safe to operate as well as oversee the preventative maintenance program. This role works collaboratively with the organization and Field Services team to ensure compliance with corporate policies and government regulations.
To guarantee success, you must possess an exceptional desire to win and provide the highest-level of support. A collaborative work style and a flexible schedule will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a champion that focuses on increasing equipment reliability while managing repair and maintenance costs through continuous improvement
- Lead the activities of LSIs internal maintenance facilities; ensuring both the light and heavy equipment is available, dependable and always safe to operate.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance program, ensure compliance with corporate policies and government regulations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of 3 maintenance facilities (Bonnyville, Wabasca, Lloydminster), along with the parts warehouse and purchasing team
- Oversee work being performed with our external repair & maintenance partners is meeting our exceeding expectations
- Participate in problem solving mobile equipment mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems and offer solutions to improve performance and safety. Mobile equipment to include light trucks, trailers, and specialized oil well service equipment
- Promote MOC (management of change) process including evaluation, validation, and verification of proposed changes
- Analyze maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement; and recommend solutions to reduce maintenance costs and minimize nonproductive down time.
- Assist in the development of the field services equipment maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and established metrics.
- Negotiate service agreements with third party repair facilities to ensure cost efficiencies and reduced nonproductive down time
- Audit internal and third-party repair facilities for compliance to LSI requirements and expectations
- Accountable for maintaining appropriate levels of inventory ensuring inventory accuracy within LSIs parts warehouse.
- Monitors LSI’s preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and compliance to the NSC transportation compliance requirements
- Accountability to meeting LSIs key performance indicators as it relates to the overall performance of our fleet including maintenance costs, service quality, non-productive time and overall client satisfaction
- Examine inspections, prepare reports, work orders and checklists for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment inspected or repaired
- Ensure the maintenance records for fleet are accurate and up-to-date
- Complete performance reviews of staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance personnel as required.
- Prepare management reporting as required.
- Ensure the maintenance department is providing exceptional client service to our internal and external stakeholders
- Lead team and individual meetings with direct reports to discuss progress on their personal development, SMART goal targets and group performance
- Support the field service operations team with efficient solutions and respond to elevated issues when required
- Promote and lead a health and safety culture within the maintenance team to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed
- Promote and lead the 5S program with department organization and cleanliness
- Actively involved in HR initiatives, performance reviews, forecasting and planning the needs of the maintenance department
- Attend industry meetings and associations
- Regularly travel is required to internal maintenance facilities, equipment bases and key third party repair facilities throughout Alberta
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager or Director in the transportation industry is required
- Licensed Mechanic with Red Seal Certification is required
- Post-secondary degree and/or coursework in Business Administration / Commerce is preferred but not essential if the candidate has the appropriate training or experience
- Strong business knowledge of North American transportation and fleet maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and coach employees to utilize their strengths and further develop themselves personally and professionally
- Strong attention to detail with a mechanical aptitude
- Creative and effective problem-solving ability
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong client focus
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative to prevent issues
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, professional and a positive team member
- Reliable, dependable with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum valid class 5 driver’s license with a 5-year driver’s abstract in good standing
- Background in Oil and Gas preferred
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) required
OUR ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES
Competitive, total-compensation benefits plan
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine best fit for the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now using our online application form or send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com