HAVE A CHALLENGE? CONNECT AND COLLABORATE TODAY
EnerSaver® FL1741 Generative Drive System
Pumpjacks (pumping units), Electric Submersible Pumps (ESP), High Inertial Loads, Line Conditioning, Harmonic Mitigation
The Lifting Solutions EnerSaver FL1741 drive system is an IEEE-519-approved, line-interactive AC drive system specifically targeted to achieve optimum operation with cost savings for pumpjacks, ESPs, PCPs, compressors, and other related artificial lift applications. The EnerSaver FL1741 drive system is ideal for rugged, demanding conditions typically found in the oil industry, and is available in a wide range of horsepower, kVA, and voltage configurations.
As a micro-generator, the system must meet strict utility grid interconnection performance requirements, such as anti-islanding, power quality, interconnection integrity, and specific operating voltage to be allowed to connect to the utility grid.
The Lifting Solutions EnerSaver FL1741 system is North America’s only inverter in the artificial lift market that is certified to UL 1741 (CSA 22.2 107.1) standards.
- Minimum 10,000 kWh/month
- Review monthly usage (kWh), peak demand readings, and penalty charges
Motor Size (hp)
- Minimum 40 hp motor (based on a minimum of 42 amps and running 95% of the time)
- Electric motor must be rated for VFD use
Motor Load (Peak Amps)
- Minimum 42 amps continuous operation
Higher amps result in larger consumption and higher savings
- To determine peak amps on each phase, measure with a clamp meter at the motor junction box
Pump-Off Controller (POC)
- Is the unit controlled by a POC?
- How many hours per day is the POC running?
- Is the POC timed or “smart”?
- How many strokes per minute is the pump jack running? (A higher runtime and number of strokes per minute results in larger consumption and higher savings)
Demand (Wires) Charges
- Minimum 25 kW/kVA
- Demand or wires charges can be up to 50%–70% of total bill
- Higher demand usually results in higher savings
- Does the wellsite have capacity issues (e.g. the utility can’t supply the required peak load)?
- The EnerSaver FL1741 generative drive system creates demand reductions on new wellsites, which increases the capacity of the electric grid (A Lifting Solutions customer was told by the utility that capacity would only permit the install of three pump jacks; by installing an EnerSaver FL1741 drive, the customer was able to install 4 pump jacks)
Single-Phase or Three-Phase
- The EnerSaver FL1741 generative drive system is not a candidate for single-phase power supply
- The EnerSaver FL1741 generative drive system is not a candidate on a Floating Ground Delta configuration
Power Factor Penalties
- Are power factor penalties present?
- Some utilities (e.g. ATCO Electric) charge penalties for power factors less than 0.90 (A Lifting Solutions customer paid over $150/month in penalties)
- Penalties may not be readily identified on an electric bill
- The EnerSaver FL1741 generative drive system has a perfect Power Factor (PF=1), which eliminates penalties
Power Quality Penalties (Harmonics)
- Electric utilities charge penalties for excessive harmonics or require the customer to pay to correct poor harmonics
- The EnerSaver FL1741 generative drive system minimizes the amount of harmonics introduced to the grid, which eliminates penalty charges (The cost of the generative drive is likely less than the price of a harmonics filter)