Automation Field Services Specialist - Swift Current, SK
Support the commissioning, servicing, application and external promotion of the Automation Product Line to maximize profitability of the associated business unit and drive deliberate actions to enable success in the marketplace. Encompasses activities from tactical to strategic working in a team player role that includes cross-functional activities between Operations, Client Solutions, Engineering and Supply Chain/Manufacturing to ensure these collaborative activities consistently deliver results that meet or exceed the client, product line, and the business plan expectations.
- Responsible to facilitate the field level application and implementation of the company’s Automation product line
- Supports Clients with field services and technical support such as but not limited too:
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve electrical issues both on-site and remotely
- Commission, startup, service and/or repair automation electric motor control units in the field or plant.
- Facilitate clients thru the understanding of their VFD motor control issues and subsequent resolutions
- Complete field reports & reporting relative to technical service & services * Continually provides field level feedback on market and competitive conditions across all regions/locations so as to assist in defining and refining our product in a way that delivers unique value based on client needs
- Interacts directly with clients to identify, understand and act on client needs (priorities, pains, gains) including field level/branch level technical support to assist client solutions
- Collaboratively work with Engineering on field level product feedback (NCR) for the product line
- Participates when asked on product development teams
- Participates in the product field beta installs and commercialization process testing, including assisting in development of field technical literature and field training programs
- Supports the client complaint process and monitors client satisfaction - when required participates in the team for root cause and corrective/preventative action process
- Works collaboratively with other product and service lines
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Journeyman Electrician or Journeyman Red Seal Electrician qualification with industrial experience.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma such as Electrical Engineering Technology or Instrumentation Technology is considered an asset
- Industrial electrical experience such as oilfield artificial lift or mining power systems and control, or Process plant operation with a goal of the understanding of VFD’s, Harmonic mitigation, end devices of process control wiring and radio telemetry wiring.
- Experience troubleshooting Motor Control, Automation, PLC and electrical systems
- Ability to read, understand and execute schematic drawings as it relates to automation products
- Understanding, knowledge, familiarity of the application of current electrical codes and standards
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Client-centric orientation and disposition
- Strong data/information management skills, analytical capabilities and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and listening
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail and the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Field, office and manufacturing with the ability travel to client field offices and well site locations. Availability outside of regular business hours as required and needed.
- Field 75%
- Office 10%
- Manufacturing 15%
Ability to lift modest weight and have dexterity to handle small objects and wires to support the servicing and/or manufacturing of the automation products.
- Competitive industry wage
- Comprehensive, employer-paid benefits plan
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now!