Accounts Receivable Administrator
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Lifting Solutions (LSI) is a privately held, artificial lift products manufacturer, distributor and service provider with a focus on progressing cavity and reciprocating rod pumped wells.
An ARC Financial portfolio company, Lifting Solutions was founded in 2014 and has quickly grown to become the largest independent artificial lift company in Canada.
Starting with the client in mind, we understand our client’s drivers and always look to identify ways to add value better than others. With high levels of employee ownership, Lifting Solutions has built a responsive and sustainable business with employees who care and have a vested interest. It is this unique organizational culture that has established a strong foundation for future expansion.
The Accounts Receivable Administrator works directly with our operational and accounting team. The successful candidate places emphasis on delivering professional service quality to their primary client: LSI - operations. Your role will be providing financial, accounting, data entry and clerical professional services in order to ensure effective and efficient accounts receivable and Credit Management functions in the Company’s operation.
Directly reporting to the Operations Controller. This position offers the opportunity for the right individual to work with a highly effective and exciting management team and directly contribute to the continued growth of the Company.
· Oversee invoicing activities in NAV and ensure completed service orders and sales orders are posted Daily with high accuracy.
· Transit client sales/service invoice via i2x, email, mail and various client portals on daily basis.
· Collaborate with Operation team to Investigate and resolve billing issues if rejected by clients.
· Create and issue client service/sales credit memos when necessary.
· Proactively collaborate with Operation and client solutions team to ensure Service/Sales Orders are invoiced on timely basis.
· Resolve client questions and concerns on invoice discrepancies or misapplied payments.
· Review and process client commercial credit application for new clients, recommend credit limit to Corporate Controller and set up new clients in NAV after approval.
· Proactively identify, review and investigate past due account within Accounts Receivable subledger.
· Early intervention of past due accounts via phone calls to clients and hold client accountable at proposed payment date.
· Close invoicing for month end, quarter end and year end.
· Prepare monthly reconciliation of Aged Accounts Receivables for CAD, USD and EUR vendors and provide insights on past due amounts.
· Advise Corporate Controller on Allowance For Doubtful Accounts (AFDA) on quarterly basis.
· Produce and distribute monthly client watch and hold list.
· Prepare monthly Client Credit Report (CCR), New Client Report (NCR), Weekly Account Collections Report (WAC) and distribute to applicable users.
· Post Bank deposit in NAV daily and apply to client accounts with high accuracy.
· Prepare Daily bank Reconciliation on all bank accounts.
· Prepare month end bank reconciliation working paper.
· Assist in annual financial audit process including providing requested audit samples, process walk-throughs, etc.
· Collaborate and align across the organization to develop more efficient processes and establish best practices related to ticket to invoice and collection process.
· Maintain the filing system for banking including bank statements and cheques.
· Attend required training and approved by Management.
· Recommend potential cost savings initiatives.
· Any other duties as required by Management.
· 3+ years of accounts receivable experience. A background in oil and gas field services industry is strongly preferred.
· Experience working with ERP systems with a strong preference for Microsoft NAV.
· Strong Microsoft Office capabilities (especially Excel).
· Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
· Ability to work unsupervised and independently.
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrates effective and professional written and verbal communications skill.
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
· Effective organizational skills with ability to manage timelines efficiently to meet deadlines.